Clark Rogerson Foray
Friday, September 1st – Monday, September 4th, 2017
Camp Hemlocks in Hebron, CT
COMA is pleased to announce our 39th annual Clark Rogerson Foray, which will be held from Friday, September 1st, through Monday, September 4th, 2017. This year, we will be returning to one of our “old haunts”: the newly reopened and completely refurbished Camp Hemlocks, in Hebron, CT (just 20 miles SE of Hartford), situated on 100 acres of unspoiled woodlands, and surrounded by stunning State parks. The venue offers plenty of convenient parking, and will enable us to have our meals, display area, evening programs, workshops, mycophagy, heated swimming pool, and comfortable accommodations all under one roof. So far, our roster of invited mycologists include:
- Gary Lincoff, Chief Mycologist, author or the Audubon Guide to Mushrooms of North America
- Dr. Roz Lowen, ascomycete expert and professor of mycology
- Bill Yule, Connecticut River naturalist and bolete expert
- Leon Shernoff, editor of Mushroom, the Journal of Wild Mushrooming
- John Plischke III, author of Good Mushroom, Bad Mushroom
Also featuring Joe and Kathy Brandt, chief mycophagy chefs.
Registration should be open by the end of May. Please continue to check the website for details.